Before P90X and Shakeology, my 6 year old daughter was brutally honest with me when she said “Dad, you’re getting fat!”
After seeing my P90X results, my wife was saying “I can’t believe this is my husband!
I had gone to the gym off and on for years, always falling back into the same routine. When I saw a friend do P90X and have faster results than I had ever achieved, I was inspired!
So then I started P90X and the Shakeology meal replacement. All together, I dropped 36lbs of fat and gained 8 lbs of muscle in 6 months. I went from 25% body fat to 9.4% body fat and ended up at 177lbs!
P90X Transformation UPDATE :
So I did another round of P90X, with a focus on GAINING MASS, 12 lbs in 13 weeks and only gained 1% bodyfat!
P90X Transformation 1 year update!
After my MASS GAINING round of P90X, I did Insanity Asylum to cut back up and ended up at 177 lbs, 7.5% body fat!!!
After a busy career in marketing, 3 children, school in the evenings, being a Boy Scout leader and an active member at Church, my health had been neglected! The stress and poor sleeping habits had taken their toll on my body! Reaching 205lbs, high cholesterol and little energy was enough for me to want a change.
After just 6 months, I’m in the best shape of my life and my friends & family are amazed at my results. I’m still super busy but the stress is gone and I have tons of energy. At Thanksgiving, my sister said I looked 10 years younger!
Pull-ups are a big part of the p90x program for building back strength. At the beginning, I could barely do 3. By the end, I was able to do 16 unassisted pull-ups!
I’ve always preferred the gym for working out but after going through P90X, I’m convinced that working out at home is not only just as effective, it’s a lot more convenient! I haven’t been to the gym in 90 days and have no plans to return.
My wife was so impressed with my results, she suspended her gym membership and did TurboFire (another Beachbody workout aimed towards women).
I’m excited to share how I did it and “pay it forward” by helping others achieve similar results.
My results were so impressive that I was asked to be a Beachbody coach and help other people become fit. If YOU would like to be the next success story and get into the best shape of your life, I’m here to help.
The catalyst for change
There were 3 “wake-up calls” that got my attention.
- I went on a 5 mile back-packing hike with the Boy Scouts and practically killed myself trying to keep up with them. At one point, I could only take 10 steps at a time before needing another break. I ended the hike DEAD LAST and very embarrassed.
- I went to get an annual checkup and was surprised by the results. For the first time in my life, the nurse told me that my cholesterol was too high! Huh, who, me? But Ice cream is so good! There must have been a mistake.
- Finally, someone told me the truth. My 6 year old daughter saw me with my shirt off and said (in her sweet, innocent and brutally honest voice) “Dad, you’re getting Fat!”
I needed an extreme fitness program, I needed P90X!
When I started P90X, I was mentally ready to stay dedicated to the program and give it my all. In EVERY workout, I brought it and pushed myself until I was totally exhausted. I’ve never sweat so much and it felt great to flush the toxins out. I sustained an average heart rate of 150 with peaks into the 170s! When the little voice of doubt told me to stop, I pushed harder. Sometimes by the end, I collapsed to the floor but I always got back up, drank my recovery drink and got ready for the next day’s workout.
Even with my crazy schedule, I still got my workouts in. Most of the time they were in the evening but on some days, they were at midnight. On business trips, I brought p90x on my ipad and used the hotel’s gym. During Thanksgiving, I brought all my gear and supplements and never missed a beat. Even during Christmas vacation to Hawaii, I didn’t miss a work-out.
I made health a top priority and backed it up with every choice I made to eat, drink and exercise each and every day. What did I learn? That Nutrition will make up 70% of your results! Fortunately, the P90X Nutrition Plan is simple to follow.
What I love about P90X, Shakeology & Beachbody
- Total body solution – it doesn’t just burn fat and build muscle, it improves flexibility, agility, coordination, balance and core strength. In addition to lifting, it includes yoga, plyometrics, Kenpo and stretching.
- Convenience – in the time it takes for me to just drive to/from the gym, I can have half my p90x workout done! With my busy schedule, this is a must.
- Having a coach – I can’t recommend this enough. Having a coach who has gone through the program before, has run into obstacles and overcome them is very important. You will have questions and a coach can help you!
- Community Support – There will be times when your motivation will wane and you’ll need to lean on others for support. You may need a dose of inspiration. That’s what the TeamBeachbody.com community is all about!
- Shakeology – When it comes to nutrition, it doesn’t get any better than this. This meal replacement gave my body the right nutrition it needed to lose the fat, build muscle and flush away the toxins! My skin, hair, eyes, nails all look healthier.
Are YOU thinking of doing P90X, Insanity Asylum or Shakeology? If you buy them through this site, I’ll coach you for free!
Health Changes as a result of P90X
I was blessed with really good health but I had started taking it for granted. When I was younger, every time I had an annual exam, my results showed that I had great blood pressure, cholesterol and triglycerides, etc. By the time I reached 30 years old, it finally caught up with me. When the results came back that my cholesterol was too high, I was stunned.
After my 90 days of P90X and Shakeology, I scheduled another annual exam and these were the results:
My doctor said “I’ve haven’t seen results this good in years”. I was ECSTATIC to hear this!!!
6 month P90X results
Weight: From 205 to 177
Bodyfat: From 25% to 8%
Waist: From 36 to 31
From the beginning:
Watch my 6 month P90x Results video on Youtube.
Watch my 10 month P90X Transformation video on Youtube.